Tips for Home Maintenance
As a new home owner there are things that will help keep your home in better shape. There are often things that people over-look as a new homeowner and things most people never even thought they’d have to take care of. Here are a few tips for you.
- Test your garage door opener.
- For safety reasons, you want to make sure that the sensor is working so that the garage door reverses when there is an obstruction.
- Vacuum the clothes dryer exhaust duct.
- The hole you see behind the dryer usually leads outside. You want to make sure there isn’t anything blocking the airflow. If it’s plastic, you want to replace it once a year.
- Clean leaves and debris from the condenser of a central air conditioner.
- Keep in mind that HVAC repairs are costly and it’s always good to maintain
- Inspect window and door caulking and seal.
- Nobody like a cold draft or inefficient insulation. This helps.
- Check Smoke Detector Batteries
- Most smoke detectors have a system where it beeps or flashes when the battery is starting to get low. Keep an eye for it or better yet, make sure to replace it annually. Even though they’re usually hard-wired, batteries do expire.